woensdag 20 juli 2011

Building the cabinet

The photos are transfered from my mobile, so here another update of the cabinet so far


The wood is plywood. Looks very nice unpainted already if you ask me. The first thing I did is stabalise the cabinet. So it holds itself together. I prefered this method because now it becomes visible of what you make and adjust anything you like.

Most cabinets are build with a predefined plan. Designed on paper with al measures set etc. I guess it depends on what you prefer. Technically I think making a plan is wiser to do, but this works for me.

Some more about the wood. Plywood is strong ans has a nice structure and colour. But most cabinets are build of MDF material.

MDF material has a smoother surface wich is better to paint and the wood is easy to work with. Also it's much cheaper compared to plywood.






Ooops miscalculated a bit here, yes the marquee part is a bit off at the lower part. Will correct that.











Room enough for the computer hardware. The control panel part is attached with a so called piano hinge.

I removed it again because there is a lot of work to do on the control panel. And this part attached at this moment is just not so clever :) 
The monitor inserted, a 17". The angle of the monitor set.




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten